Recipe by djmastermum
Moist and chocolaty. Can only blame yourself if you are looking for the ultimate chocolate cake and you don't try this!
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 185 g butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- grease and line 2 20 cm cake tins with baking paper.
- Sift flour and bicarb into bowl.
- add sugar, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla and eggs to bowl.
- Beat 3 minutes.
- Spoon into tins.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes.
- While cakes are baking lick out the bowl!