Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
From Southern Living Cooking School.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix with pudding
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- To make the cake: combine the first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stirring with a whisk to remove large lumps.
- Add in oil and the next 3 ingredients; stirring until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Pour batter into a greased/floured 12-cup bundt pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
- To make the glaze: whisk together the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over low heat; cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until butter and chocolate melt.
- Remove pan from heat; whisk in powdered sugar until smooth and spreading consistency.
- Spread Chocolate Glaze on cooled cake.