Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A decadent dessert for chocolate lovers.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 ounces white chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 ounces milk chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch springform cake pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder & salt, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over a low heat melt white chocolate, sugar & butter until smooth stirring frequently.
- Cool chocolate, sugar & butter mixture slightly then beat in the eggs & vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the cake comes out clean; do not over-bake.
- Remove the cake from the oven an place on a heatproof surface.
- Sprinkle the chopped milk chocolate evenly over the cake and return it to the oven for 1 minute.
- Remove the cake from the oven again and gently spread softened chocolate evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle with the macademia nuts and gently press them into the chocolate (optional).
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then chill, for about 1 hour until set.
- Run a sharp knife around the side of the pan to loosen, then unclip the side of the springform pan & remove it carefully.
- Cut into thin wedges.
Perfect brownie ! Rich and decadent. Easy to make and really a keeper! PAC 2010 choice.