Recipe by YummySmellsca
With melted and chopped chocolate (and a little kiss of cocoa!) in the batter, these rich, cakey-fudgey brownies (with a tangy secret) are a hit with chocoholics everywhere. Adapted from Best Recipes Ever (cbc.ca/bestrecipes/2010/03/super-chocolate-chunk-fudge-brownies.html)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 8 1⁄2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, divided (I used 70%)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped candy-coated milk chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9” pan with parchment.
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, bring sugar, butter, honey and milk to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 5 oz of the bittersweet chocolate until melted. Remove from heat.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in remaining bittersweet chocolate, cranberries and candy coated milk chocolate.
- Bake 30 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a rack.