Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from Nigella Lawson and I'm posting it by request. I have not made it yet, but hope to do so in the future.
- 354.88 ml butter (3 Sticks)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 340.19 g bittersweet chocolate (Good Quality)
- 6 eggs
- 414.03 ml superfine sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml flour
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml white chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 9.85 ml powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease a 9 x 11 1/4 baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and bittersweet chocolate in a large heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the slightly cooled chocolate mixture to the eggs and sugar and beat well.
- Fold in the flour and salt.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the top dries to a slightly paler brown speckle with the middle remains dark, dense and gooey.
- Do not overbake.
- The difference between gooey brownies and dry ones is only a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I found these way too moist and gooey. I prefer my brownies a bit more cakey.