Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Just add a caramel-filled easter egg to the top and you have choc-addict heaven. Prep time does not include cooling.
- 300 g butter, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 200 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- Grease a 20 x 30cm lamington pan; line base and two long sides with baking paper (with paper extending above edge of pan).
- Combine butter and cocoa in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until butter has melted.
- Add the brown sugar & mix well.
- Remove from heat & stir in sifted flour, eggs and choc bits.
- Pour into prepared pan and press to even out.
- Cook in moderate oven (180 deg C) for about 35 minutes (until just set).
- Cool in pan.
- For icing, combine chocolate and cream in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until chocolate has melted.
- Transfer to a medium-sized bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Stir occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until icing is a spreadable consistency.
- Spread icing over brownie; refrigerate until set before cutting into squares.
- You can add caramel-filled easter eggs, or rolo caramels to the top of the icing to be even more indulgent -- .
My daughter made these for a class project and they turned out very well. They have a rich chocolate flavor. Her class really liked them and so did we. Thank you for this recipe!