Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My daughter loves this as a quick dessert (sans nuts of course!). You can also use a 9 inch pie plate, just bake 30 minutes and it will not be as thick.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch pie plate.
- In a small mixer bowl, beat eggs.
- Blend in sugar and butter.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Add to egg mixture, blending well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
- Spread batter into prepared pie plate.
- Bake 35 minutes or until set.
- Pie will not test done in center.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce!
Thank you for the recipe, Michelle. This was SO EASY and SO GOOD! The taste and texture of brownies, in the shape of a pie. The kids loved it. We ate it while it was still slightly warm, with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce. A simple, yet delicious dessert. I, too, left out the nuts due to my children's taste preferences.
Super simple, but incredibly fudgy, moist, and wonderful. I literally whipped this up by hand (I only have a Kitchen Aid mixer, and just didn't want to drag it out for something so simple), and it was a real snap to make. And the flavor? Decadent and delicious. Except for using my whisk and some "elbow grease" rather than a mixer of any sort, I made it exactly as directed, with walnuts, and the only thing I'd even consider changing would be to toast the walnuts in advance, maybe even use a mix of nuts, and sprinkle some on top. The cook time and measurements are right on the money. This one's a winner, Michelle, and we'll be making this often - thank you!
This was simple and so delicious! My kids liked the fact that it was like a piece of pie. Topped it with whipped cream and strawberries .... MAGNIFICENT! 1 pie pan, 4 people, ALL GONE.