Recipe by Michelle S.
My daughter loves this as a quick dessert (sans nuts of course!). You can also use a 9 inch pie plate, just bake 30 minutes and it will not be as thick.
Top Review by Cookbook Barbie
Thank you for the recipe, Michelle. This was SO EASY and SO GOOD! The taste and texture of brownies, in the shape of a pie. The kids loved it. We ate it while it was still slightly warm, with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce. A simple, yet delicious dessert. I, too, left out the nuts due to my children's taste preferences.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch pie plate.
- In a small mixer bowl, beat eggs.
- Blend in sugar and butter.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Add to egg mixture, blending well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
- Spread batter into prepared pie plate.
- Bake 35 minutes or until set.
- Pie will not test done in center.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce!