Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a Reynolds Foil cookbook.
- 3 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup premier white chocolate chips
- 4 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (4 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Grease sides of a 9–inch round cake pan. Line bottom of cake pan with Reynolds Parchment Paper; set aside.
- FOR CAKE, place unsweetened chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until melted. Cool; set aside. Beat eggs on medium speed with an electric mixer. Beat in sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir in melted chocolate, flour and white morsels. Spread batter in parchment–lined pan.
- BAKE 35 to 37 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Loosen sides with a knife; invert cake onto plate. Peel off parchment. Cool. Cake will be dense and fudgy.
- FOR GLAZE, place semi-sweet chocolate, water, butter and corn syrup in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power), stirring every 30 seconds, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until melted. Cool. Slide parchment strips under cake edges. Spread glaze over cake. Remove parchment; refrigerate until glaze is set.