Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I had a bunch of chocolate cake doughnuts that were going stale and I needed a good use for them. I decided to try a bread pudding type of recipe, and when I was unable to find a recipe for what I wanted, I whipped this up. It is dense and pudding-like with little sweet pockets of melted milk chocolate. I might have to let some more doughnuts go stale so I can make it again. You might want to add a little salt (1/4 teaspoon), but I liked it without.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups nonfat chocolate milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond flavoring
- 7 chocolate cake doughnuts, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 325 degrees F., and grease a 9 inch square pan.
- Beat eggs together in medium size bowl and stir the chocolate milk and almond flavoring.
- Fold in doughnut pieces gently.
- Add chocolate chips and stir gently to combine.
- Allow to sit and soak up the milk mixture 10 minutes.
- Bake at 325F for 45-50 minutes, or until set.
- Serve warm alone or with vanilla sauce.
Good use of some stale doughnuts! I had 2 doughnuts left, so scaled the recipe down. It's pretty rich, but tasted good. I hate to let anything go to waste, so I appreciated this recipe! Thanks for posting.