1 hr 5 mins
I had a bunch of chocolate cake doughnuts that were going stale and I needed a good use for them. I decided to try a bread pudding type of recipe, and when I was unable to find a recipe for what I wanted, I whipped this up. It is dense and pudding-like with little sweet pockets of melted milk chocolate. I might have to let some more doughnuts go stale so I can make it again. You might want to add a little salt (1/4 teaspoon), but I liked it without.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups nonfat chocolate milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond flavoring
- 7 chocolate cake doughnuts, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1Preheat over to 325 degrees F., and grease a 9 inch square pan.
- 2Beat eggs together in medium size bowl and stir the chocolate milk and almond flavoring.
- 3Fold in doughnut pieces gently.
- 4Add chocolate chips and stir gently to combine.
- 5Allow to sit and soak up the milk mixture 10 minutes.
- 6Bake at 325F for 45-50 minutes, or until set.
- 7Serve warm alone or with vanilla sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate "bread" Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 134.2 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat chocolate milk