Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
A decadent rich desert! Bread pudding is no longer white with rasins anymore. Chocolate chunks, cocoa, and surprise...chocolate milk make up the triple threat. Make sure to serve warm with vanilla ice cream over the top!
- 170.09 g stale French bread
- 118.32 ml melted butter
- 236.59 ml coarsley chopped walnuts
- 226.79 g semisweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml usweetened cocoa, sifted
- 0.25 ml salt
- 473.18 ml chocolate milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- Tear the bread into chunks approximately 1 inch square.
- Toss them in a bowl with the melted butter, walnuts, and chocolate chunks.
- Spread the mixture in a buttered 9 x 13 x 2 baking dish.
- Beat the eggs slightly.
- Beat in the sugar, cocoa, salt, chocolate milk, and vanilla.
- Pour this mixture over the bread.
- Let it stand for at least 1/2 hour.
- With a broad spatula, occasionally push the bread down into the liquid as it soaks.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the pudding is puffed and just set.
- Rush it to the table and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Huge hit at our dinner club the other night! Try this using King's Hawaiian sweet bread for a nice variation---and pour a spoonful of Kahlua over each serving for even more WOW factor. A winner!
HOLY COW! YOOPER! This is heavenly! I loved it,... i loved it more than I can express lol. It puffed up nicely, and was just delicious with whipped cream. I didnt bother with the ice cream... this was just superb with the whipped cream. I will be making this for guests whenever I have any LOL :-) Thanks for this FANTABULOUS recipe!
Delicious and easy. Made no changes. Thanks so much, yooper. Will definitely be making this for company.