1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Recipe Adapted from Emily Luchetti, fine cooking October/November 1994
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups hazelnuts (9 oz)
- 2 2/3 cups flour, unbleached (10.5 oz)
- 1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder (3.5 oz)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark roasted coffee or 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso, finely ground
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (4 oz)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 1Heat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Toast the hazelnuts on baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes, until they emit a nutty aroma but haven't turned dark brown inside.
- 3If they still have skins, cover the nuts with a dishtowel or paper towels for a few minutes after you take them out of the oven and then rub the nuts with the towel to remove the skins.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Put the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, sugar, and coffee into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle.
- 6Combine these ingredients on a medium-low speed and then toss in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- 7In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract.
- 8With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the egg mixture to the mixing bowl until the dough comes together.
- 9Remove the bowl from the mixer and mix in any remaining dry ingredients from the bottom by hand.
- 10Divide the dough into four equal parts.
- 11With floured hands, roll each part into a log about 10 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
- 12Place the logs 4 inches apart on greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
- 13Bake the logs at 325°F for 30 to 35 minutes, until the sides are firm, the tops are cracked and the dough inside no longer looks wet.
- 14Remove the baking sheets from the oven and reduce the temperature to 300°F.
- 15Let the logs cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before slicing the logs on a slight diagonal into 3/4 inch slices.
- 16Place the biscotti flat on the baking sheet and dry them in the oven for about 25 minutes, until the biscotti offer resistance when pressed.
- 17Transfer the biscotti to a rack to cool.
- 18While the biscotti are cooling, chop the white chocolate and melt in a microwave on low power or in a double boiler.
- 19With a knife, spread white chocolate on one cut side of each cooked biscotti.
- 20Put the biscotti, white-chocolate side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 21Allow the chocolate to harden.
- 22Peel the biscotti from the parchment and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1794 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 66.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g