Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are delicious with coffee and great as gifts.
- 5 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 12 ounces tempered chocolate
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Sift dry ingredients together and combine with egg mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 6 long loaves and brush each with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove loaves and let cool completely.
- Cut loaves diagonally into 1" pieces.
- Place pieces on baking sheet cut side down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn pieces over and cook 10 minutes or until well cooked.
- Remove biscotti from baking sheet and cool on rack.
- Dip tops of biscotti in tempered chocolate.
This biscotti is awful. The dough is incredibly sticky and difficult to work with, and the baked biscotti is crumbly and eggy tasting. If you want a fantastic chocolate biscotti take a look at the one in Dorie Greenspan's Baking From My Home to Yours. It is amazing.
Yummy for chocolate lovers!
very easy and very tasty, chocoholics will love them. Made them for teachers as Christmas gift.