Recipe by Ashley U
Italian cookie good with coffee or vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by Rena Reeve
Two things: I added 1/2 cup sugar. It was good idea. Also, I used my Airbake cookie sheet with cooking spray, and I had no trouble with overbaking OR removing them from the pan. It did take longer for them to "crisp", though. These were great. I'm making them for Christmas gifts!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temp)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Line large baking sheet with double thickness of foil.
- Sift in salt, baking powder, cocoa and flour into a large bowl to blend.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and then vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate and white chocolate chips by hand.
- Heap dough into two long strips.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes (until tops are cracked).
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300°.
- Using foil as an aide, lift logs onto work surface.
- Cut logs into 3/4 in pieces; arrange half of slices (cut side down) on each prepare baking sheet.
- Bake biscotti until just dry to touch (about 8 minutes).
- Turn biscotti and bake again for another 8 minutes.