These are a yummy way to use up those over-ripe bananas. If you have a little less than 1 1/3 cups of mashed banana, you can use a little applesauce instead.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease muffin tin.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed banana, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture, stir until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between 10 muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until done.
- Mine are usually done at 18 minutes, but my oven cooks quickly.
- Do not overbake.