1/1 Photo of Triple Chocolate-Almond Explosion Cookies
White Rose Child's Note:
When published in "Vive Le Vegan" by Dreena Burton, these were called double chocolate, but since there are really three forms of chocolateyness I thought I'd better change the title :-) Otherwise, however, these cookies are pure, perfect decadence... they just beg to be shared with the world! (I highly recommend buying Dreena's book for more of the same experiences!) Note: My picture is of what I made my dad for Fathers' Day. :-) It took about a third of the whole recipe and was like a jumbo brownie-cookie! MMm-mm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or other light-tasting oil)
- 2 -3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2 -3 tablespoons dark chocolate bars, broken into chunks
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Stir together the first first 8 dry ingredients, RESERVING 2 Tbsp of the almond slivers (be sure to sift the cocoa and baking powder/soda!).
- 2In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, extracts and oil.
- 3Add the wet mixture to the dry, and stir just until well combined (don't overmix!)
- 4Spoon the batter onto a nonstick or parchment-lined sheet. For each mound, take a few chocolate chips and a few of the remaining almond slivers and press into the top of each cookie, flattening slightly.
- 5Bake for 10-12 minutes, or just until gloden around the edges (any longer may let them dry out). Let cool for 1 minute on the sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate-Almond Explosion Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g