Recipe by Luvfood
Super decadent brownies with a minor twist, this gem is from Chef Emeril Lagasse. Were a great hit over Valentines. Chocolate & nuts could be changed to include what you enjoy, original recipe calls for 2 ounces of semi-sweet as well as milk & wht chocolate.....
- 1 tablespoon shortening, plus
- 1 cup shortening (I use butter)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup un-sweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk (I use 1 for thicker frosting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 17 by 12 inch baking pan with 1 tbsp butter.
- Melt remaining butter in a heavy saucepan until melted, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl add sugar and butter, blend.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add water and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, stir to blend.
- Fold in the pecans and chopped chocolate and spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake until the cake springs back, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Sift together icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Add cream cheese to mixer and cream the cheese.
- Beat on Medium until smooth.
- Add the milk and sugar mixture, beat on low until incorporated, continue mixing until smooth.
- Spread the frosting over brownies, slice and serve on a platter.