Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, Dry
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely Chopped (1 small)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, frated
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese or 6 slices swiss cheese
- Mix the meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg and seasonings together.
- Shape the mixture into 12 thin patties, each about 4-inches in diameter.
- Top each of 6 patties with 1 tablespoon of the cottage cheese, spreading to within 1/2-inch of the edge, sprinkle on 2 teaspoons of the Parmesan cheese, and top each patty with one of the remaining patties sealing the edges firmly.
- Brown the patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning once.
- Drain off the fat and pour the tomato sauce over the patties.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Place a cheese slice on each patty, cover, and heat until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining sauce in the skillet poured over them.