Recipe by Lauren Clark
Stuffed with lots of cheese and fresh herbs, these chicken breasts make a great recipe for entertaining! Enjoy!
Top Review by Meghan at Food.com
This one is a keeper. The lemon-pepper seasoning gave the stuffing a really great flavor, and the cheese stuffing was such a nice addition to regular ol' chicken breasts. My only complaint, which can't even really be considered a complaint: I didn't think it would take as long to cook as the recipe stated, but it did. Plan ahead!
- 6 medium chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fontina or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken, pat dry.
- With your fingers, gently separate the skin from the meat along rib edge.
- For stuffing, combine cheese, basil, oregano, and lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Stuff a little less than a 1/4 cup of the stuffing between the skin and meat of each breast.
- Place chicken, skin side up in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Brush chicken lightly with oil.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 45-55 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink.