Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese (part skim)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 dash paprika
- fresh parsley sprig
- steamed broccoli florets (optional) or steamed asparagus spear (optional)
- Boil a large pot of water; cook noodles until al dente.
- While noodles are cooking, in a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients except cheddar cheese and paprika.
- When noodles are done, drain well.
- Return them to pot.
- Pour in sauce mixture and toss well to coat.
- Pour mixture into a microwave-proof casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese; top with paprika.
- Heat in microwave, high setting, for 3 minutes, to melt cheese and heat through.
- Top with garnish.
This was a nice dish, but a little on the bland side, even with the hot sauce and pimentos. Still it was really comforting and homey and we enjoyed it. I think next time I would add some chopped onion and maybe a little Worcestershire or Pickapeppa sauce. Thanks for posting.