Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this rich tasting souffle from a recipe I found in a Taste of Home magazine. I had it as a side to my Thanksgiving meal and it was a hit. Definitely could be eaten as a breakfast too.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (3 -4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup biscuit mix or 3⁄4 cup baking mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined.
- Stir in the broccoli, cheeses, salt and mushrooms.
- Pour into a greased round 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Top will have a nice golden color.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.