Recipe by Kristine L.
My friend Erin gave me the recipe for these, they are something different to put on the BBQ... and oh so yummy :)
Top Review by anniek36
Ok I didn't actually try these! I made them for my husband an his co workers they went crazy for these!! I did pan fry them seeing as how it was snowing when I made them...lol and instead of wrapping the bacon around the burger I just crumbled it over the top of the burger! Im asked to make these a lot!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, your choice
- 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Pour barbeque sauce into a square baking dish, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ground beef, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes using your hands. Pack enough meat around each hot dog to completely cover it, but not too thick. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each beef covered hot dog, and secure with toothpicks.
- Lightly oil the grilling surface, and place the bacon-wrapped hamburger covered hot dogs on the grill. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally - but carefully, until the beef is cooked through and bacon is nicely browned. Remove from the grill, and roll in the dish of barbeque sauce to coat. Remove toothpicks, and serve on hoagie rolls.