Recipe by MICHELLE burgard
This recipe is very tasty. Its like a grilled sandwich for breakfast. Gotta try it!!!!
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a delicious french toast this was Michelle. Sweet, creamy and full of flavor. I used a nice white farm bread and also left the crusts on the bread. I used strawberry cream cheese, but had to use fresh raspberries instead of strawberries. I couldn't find any nice fresh ones. I also used a strawberry butter instead of syrup and topped with raspberries and powdered sugar. I will make this berry treat again and again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Think Pink 09.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton strawberry cream cheese
- 4 pieces white bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄2 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- strawberry syrup or confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread some cream cheese on two pieces of bread.
- Top with sliced berries, making a blanket over the cheese.
- Top each with the remaining bread.
- In a bowl beat egg and milk.
- In a frying pan or griddle, melt butter or heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Dip sandwich in the egg mixture and fry until golden on both sides.
- top with strawberry syrup or sugar and serve immediately.