5 hrs 15 mins
Posted in response to request. This recipe comes from Cooking Light 5 Star recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- sponge cake, batter
- 3 (8 ounce) cartons low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed and undrained
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons cream sherry
- 3 fresh strawberries, halves
- 1Coat a 15x10x1-inch jellyroll pan with cooking spray, and line with wax paper.
- 2Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- 3Spread sponge cake batter evenly onto prepared pan.
- 4Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- 5Immediately loosen cake from sides of pan, and invert onto a wire rack.
- 6Peel off wax paper, and cool completely.
- 7Cut cake into 3/4-inch cubes and set aside Place a colander in a 2 quart glass measure or medium bowl.
- 8Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over edges.
- 9Spoon yogurt into colander, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour.
- 10Spoon yogurt cheese into a bowl; discard liquid.
- 11Add sugar and stir well.
- 12Cover and chill Position knife blade in food processor bowl, and add raspberries in bowl.
- 13Process until smooth.
- 14Pour into a bowl and stir in blueberries and 3 cups strawberries. Set aside.
- 15Line bottom of a 2 qt trifle bowl with 1/3 of cake cubes and drizzle with 1 Tbs sherry.
- 16Spoon half of berry mix over cake cube layer and spoon 1/3 of yogurt mix over berry layer.
- 17Repeat layers.
- 18Place remaining cake cubes over yogurt mix.
- 19Drizzle remaining 1 Tbs sherry over the cake cubes.
- 20Spoon remaining yogurt mix over top.
- 21Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- 22Arrange 3 strawberry halves on top of trifle.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Berry Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g