Prep 5 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Posted in response to request. This recipe comes from Cooking Light 5 Star recipes
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- sponge cake, batter
- 3 (8 ounce) cartons low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed and undrained
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons cream sherry
- 3 fresh strawberries, halves
- Coat a 15x10x1-inch jellyroll pan with cooking spray, and line with wax paper.
- Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- Spread sponge cake batter evenly onto prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Immediately loosen cake from sides of pan, and invert onto a wire rack.
- Peel off wax paper, and cool completely.
- Cut cake into 3/4-inch cubes and set aside Place a colander in a 2 quart glass measure or medium bowl.
- Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over edges.
- Spoon yogurt into colander, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour.
- Spoon yogurt cheese into a bowl; discard liquid.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Cover and chill Position knife blade in food processor bowl, and add raspberries in bowl.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in blueberries and 3 cups strawberries. Set aside.
- Line bottom of a 2 qt trifle bowl with 1/3 of cake cubes and drizzle with 1 Tbs sherry.
- Spoon half of berry mix over cake cube layer and spoon 1/3 of yogurt mix over berry layer.
- Repeat layers.
- Place remaining cake cubes over yogurt mix.
- Drizzle remaining 1 Tbs sherry over the cake cubes.
- Spoon remaining yogurt mix over top.
- Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Arrange 3 strawberry halves on top of trifle.