Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple recipe for jam and so delicious. To crush fruit, use a masher. Jam should have bits of fruit, so don't over mash or use food processor.
- Wash your jars and screw bands in hot, soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over the flat lids in medium saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use.
- Add strawberries, raspberries and blackberries to a saucepan.
- Blend 1/4 cup of sugar with the Sure-Jell powder and stir the mixture into the fruit in the pan.
- Add the margarine and orange zest and bring to a full rolling boil (this means it doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) over high heat.
- Stir in the rest of the sugar and return to a full rolling boil.
- Let the mixture boil for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Immediately and quickly ladle the very hot mixture into the clean 1-cup jam jars (filling to within 1/8-inch of the top) while wiping jar rims and threads.
- Turn jars upside down after the band has been screwed tightly.
- After 5 minutes, turn jars upright.