This is from www.kraftfoods.com. A delicious, easy recipe to enjoy those fresh summer berries. Enjoy!
- Mix berries, sugar and tapioca in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package for 2-crust pie, using 9-inch pie plate.
- Fill with fruit mixture and dot with butter.
- Cover with second pie crust. Seal and flute edge.
- Cut several slits in top crust to vent steam.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly.
you can't really get a better pie recipe. i searched the entire site and elsewhere... i think 4 cups of fruit is the perfect amount to make a berry pie. i also forgot the butter and it didn't make a difference. will use this recipe as a base from now on... maybe next time add a tablespoon of grand marnier? thanks for a great recipe Amy020!
FABULOUS!!!!! I used strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. This was fantastic!! I think it might just be my new favorite pie. I prefer thickening my pies with tapioca so this was just perfect. I completely left out the butter as I always do with fruit pies. Love it!!
Delicious!! I agree with another reviewer, 4 cups of fruit is perfect. I followed the recipe with one exception, I used Splenda vs the sugar due to my husband's diabetes. Baked the pie at 400° for 15 minutes, then reduced to 350° for about 25 minutes, or until the pie filling starts to bubble over. Awesome served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. My new "to go to" recipe for berry pie. Thank you, Amy020.