Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
For extra-slushy Margaritas, freeze the drinks in the blender jar at least thirty minutes and up to one hour; stir, if necessary, before serving. Instead of using salt, coat the glass rims with superfine sugar: Run a lime wedge along the rims to moisten, then dip them into a shallow saucer of sugar.
- 1⁄2 pint baskets blackberry
- 1 1⁄2 pints basket raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups gold tequila
- 2⁄3 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 pints baskets strawberries, sliced, frozen 1 hour
- 5 cups ice
- Puree blackberries, raspberries, and lime juice in blender until smooth.
- Strain through fine mesh strainer into large measuring cup.
- Add sugar; stir until dissolved.
- Refrigerate berry puree at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Mix tequila and Grand Marnier into berry puree.
- Transfer half of mixture to blender; add half of frozen strawberries and 2 1/2 cups ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to pitcher.
- Repeat with remaining berry puree, frozen strawberries, and ice.
- Pour into sugar-rimmed Margarita glasses and serve.
- **Prep time does not include refrigerating the berry puree at least an hour and up to one day.