Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A yummy no sugar added toast topper. The only sugar in this is the natural sugar from the berries. This is NOT something that keeps on the shelf for a year like other jams, this will keep 2 weeks in the fridge, or 3 months in the freezer. From the folks at Equal
- 4 cups fresh strawberries or 4 cups thawed frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or 2 cups thawed frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup thawed frozen unsweetened blueberries (4 Cups thawed frozen berry mix, unsweetened)
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) packageno-sugar-needed pectin
- 3⁄4 cup Equal sugar substitute (I use Splenda)
- Mash berries by hand or use the food processor to make 4 cups of berry pulp (or just use your thawed frozen berries) Stir in pectin and let mixture stand for 10 minutes, stirring frequently Transfer to a large saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and stir in Equal (or splenda).
- Skim off foam, if necessary.
- Immediately fill hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Seal with lids and rings and let stand at room temperature for several hours.
- Jars should seal on their own, if they don't seal, use these first.
- Keeps 2 Weeks in the fridge, or 3 Mos in the freezer.
- You can also use plastic freezer containers for this.