Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I use a triple berry mixture of raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries-but just one works well too! My family loves it! Serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream- The perfect summer dessert!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, gently toss together strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and white sugar; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
I followed the recipe except for substituting blackberries instead of strawberries which added some tartness. Recipe is very easy to follow. Served with either whipping cream or ice cream on top delicious!
I have made this twice now. The first time I followed the recipe and it was good, but the berry to crumble ratio was off for me. The second time I made this I used half as much crumble topping and I substituted half the flour with white whole wheat flour and added chopped pecans It added a nice nutty flavor and a little bit healthier and my kids and husband have no idea!
I made this today to use up some berries I had in the fridge that weren't being eaten fast enough! It smells heavenly, we love crisps with vanilla ice cream and can't wait to dip into it tonight. By the way it looks and smells I am sure this will become a favorite in our house!