Recipe by startnover
This is very versatile. It has a double crisp where 1/2 of the crisp goes on the bottom. If you are not a fan of this or your bottom layer is to soggy then just make it a single layer. Any berry combination should work fine and I've heard it used with peaches as well. If you love nuts but your family doesn't, try what I do and eat yours with pecan or maplenut icecream YUM! Also it works for fresh or frozen berries.
- 473.18 ml blueberries
- 473.18 ml raspberries
- 473.18 ml marionberries
- 73.94 ml white sugar (if your berries are on the sour side add a little more)
- 29.58 ml flour
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the berries, 5 t white sugar, lemon juice, and 2 T flour in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix remaining flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon and then cut in butter till crumbly. Then add nuts if desired.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of this mixture in a 9 by 13 and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and distribute berry mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle on remaining crumbles and bake for about another 30 minutes or till bubbly.
- Remove and serve hot or cold with whipped cream or icecream.