Recipe by Nana Lee
Those of you have have an abundance of strawberries or cherries, might find this a good way to use them. If you're looking for a low carb/sugar, dessert this could be converted to one using a nut crust, sugar-free pudding mix, and sugar-free Cool Whip(or whipped cream).
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip
- 2 cups mixed berries (raspberries, sliced strawberries and blueberries)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon gelatin (or sugar-free)
- 1 cup ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX wafer crumbs and butter in small bowl until well blended.
- Press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch tart pan.
- Place in freezer while preparing filling.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon into crust.
- Arrange berries over cream cheese filling.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in medium bowl 2 minute until completely dissolved.
- Add ice cubes; stir until ice is completely melted.
- Refrigerate about 15 minute or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites.)
- Spoon gelatin over fruit in pan. Refrigerate 3 hours.