1/1 Photo of Triple Berry Cake W/Yellow & Strawberry Cake
2 hrs 18 mins
Fantastical Sharing's Note:
I made this for my husband's birthday and didn't have all the right ingredients and kind of winged it. Turned out fabulous and was a big hit for everyone! And I won't lie, I put it in tupperware and ate it straight out of the containers for days afterwords! There's fruit in it, so it's still healthy, right? :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow)
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) box strawberry cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Strawberry Supreme)
- 2 2/3 cups water (1 1/3 cup for each batter)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (1/3 cup for each batter)
- 6 large eggs (3 for each batter)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries (4 oz.)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (12 oz.)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced about 1/4 inch thick (18 oz.)
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves, divided
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Generously grease three 8-inch cake pans.
- 3Prepare cake batter according to box directions and divide evenly in pans. I did pans half strawberry, half yellow and used a butter knife to swirl the batters.
- 4Bake until toothpick comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 5Cool in pans 10 minutes and turn out on wire racks.
- 6Place berries in large bowl and set aside.
- 7Microwave 1/4 cup preserves in small bowl on HIGH until melted, about 30 seconds.
- 8Pour over berries and stir carefully to glaze berries.
- 9Place 1 layer of cake on a platter; spread with whipped cream and spoon 1/3 cup berries on it.
- 10Repeat with 2nd and 3rd layers.
- 11Spoon remaining berries in center of top layer. Decorate edge with whipped cream.
- 12Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 13Melt remaining preserves and spoon over top of cake after slightly cooling, letting drip down the side.
- 14Refrigerate one hour more.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Berry Cake W/Yellow & Strawberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4100.6
- Calories from Fat 2143
- Total Fat 238.1 g
- Saturated Fat 50.0 g
- Cholesterol 1213.0 mg
- Sodium 2574.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 444.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 35.1 g
- Sugars 264.5 g
- Protein 62.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry cake mix