Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Schwan's. The recipe calls to use Schwan's Triple Berry Blend frozen fruit.
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a small stockpot melt butter and sugar on medium heat and stir until well blended.
- Add triple berry blend and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water and add to the berry mixture. Stir.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Transfer syrup to bowl and serve warm, or cool in refrigerator to serve cold.
- Note: Syrup can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
i had a craving for something different on my eggo's...so easy and quick to make :)
I made this with a bag of frozen berries I had sitting in my freezer for waffles. I served it warm and there was not any leftover. Very easy and very yummy!