LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
I would have never guessed that sweet potato and cheese went so well together. That is why this casserole tastes so good. The beans provide ample protein to make it a one-dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 sweet potatoes)
- 19 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 19 ounces white beans, rinsed and drained
- 19 ounces red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup green pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In a microwave safe bowl, cook sweet potato slices until almost completely or completely cooked.
- 2Spray a 4 qt casserole with non-stick spray (I use a 9x13 glass baking dish).
- 3Combine chick peas, white beans, kidney beans, green pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, cayenne and ground pepper.
- 4Layer 1/3 of the potato slices on bottom of casserole dish.
- 5Spread 1/2 bean mixture over top; sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese.
- 6Repeat layering.
- 7Place remaining layer of potato on top, sprinkle with last 1/3 of cheese.
- 8Bake at 350 F uncovered for 25-35 minutes, until bubbly and hot.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Bean Cheesy Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 590.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 30.6 g