- 5 slice bacon
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 14.79 ml dry mustard
- 7.39 ml dried thyme
- 177.44 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml apple cider vinegar
- 78.07 ml dark molasses
- 78.07 ml water
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
- 425.24 g can red kidney beans, rinsed,drained
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed,drained
- 425.24 g can cannellini beans, rinsed,drained (white kidney beans)
- 4.92 ml Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cook bacon in large ovenproof pot over medium heat until crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Crumble bacon and reserve.
- Add onion to drippings in pot and sauté until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add dry mustard and thyme and stir 1 minute.
- Mix in ketchup, vinegar, molasses, water, bay leaf and all the beans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover pot and bake bean mixture 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more water if mixture seems dry.
- Stir bacon into beans.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Mix in hot sauce and serve.