Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is a great side for your next bbq.
Make and share this Triple-bean Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed,drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed,drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed,drained (white kidney beans)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cook bacon in large ovenproof pot over medium heat until crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Crumble bacon and reserve.
- Add onion to drippings in pot and sauté until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add dry mustard and thyme and stir 1 minute.
- Mix in ketchup, vinegar, molasses, water, bay leaf and all the beans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover pot and bake bean mixture 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more water if mixture seems dry.
- Stir bacon into beans.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Mix in hot sauce and serve.
I can see this with grilled ribs or chicken---oh yum! I served this with some fresh garden veggies and a side of spinach.
i love the colors of this the differences of the black beans and white canolli was pretty to me and using the canned beans cut down the cooking time by alot . thank you for posting another great recipe.everyone should check out the rest of her stuff its awesome. dee