Recipe by ElaineAnn
I make this when beef is on sale and sometimes I even double the recipe. It's nice to have on hand in the freezer for quick meals. Use as a quick start for stew, chili, soup, or anything else your mind can imagine.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck or 4 1⁄2 lbs blade roast or 4 1⁄2 lbs arm roast
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from beef. Cut beef into 3/4" pieces.
- In Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add beef, about a quarter at a time, and brown evenly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove beef from pan; season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pan, add onions and garlic. Cook and stir until onions are lightly browned. Pour off drippings, and return beef to pan.
- Add water, bring to boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Place about 2 cups beef mixture into 3 1-quart freezer containers. Cover tightly and freeze.