Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I make this when beef is on sale and sometimes I even double the recipe. It's nice to have on hand in the freezer for quick meals. Use as a quick start for stew, chili, soup, or anything else your mind can imagine.
- Trim fat from beef. Cut beef into 3/4" pieces.
- In Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add beef, about a quarter at a time, and brown evenly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove beef from pan; season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pan, add onions and garlic. Cook and stir until onions are lightly browned. Pour off drippings, and return beef to pan.
- Add water, bring to boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Place about 2 cups beef mixture into 3 1-quart freezer containers. Cover tightly and freeze.
This is a great way to get your freezer full of good meals. I made chili, soup, and stew from the beef mixture.
I made this up and froze into individual packages to use later. I did sneak a bite tho and it was great. Thank you