- 5 1⁄2 cups thinly peeled tart apples
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice or 1⁄4 cup cider
- 1⁄3 cup apple jelly, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine apples, cider and jelly. Combine sugar, flour, tapioca and salt; add to apple mix and toss gently to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with your crust. Tirm even over edge. Add filling. Dot with butter. Roll out rest and place over filling. Trim. Seal. Flute. Cover edges loosely with foil. Cut slits in crust.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until crust is golden and filling bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.