Recipe by Outta Here
These have almond butter, almond extract and chopped almonds. And no processed sugar! Vegetarian, too.
Top Review by Captainflygirl
No one would know these cookies were vegan if you didn't tell them. I rolled the balls into sliced almonds before flattening and baking them. They are a little "crumbly," but it's manageable; the chewy texture and almond flavor are VERY nice, BIG hit. Thanks, I will DEF be making them again!
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter (creamy or crunchy style)
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, oil and almond extract until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, along with chopped almonds, and stir until just combined. Let sit for five minutes.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls, flatten with palm of your hand to about 1/3 of an inch and place onto ungreased cookie sheet. (use parchment paper if desired).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.