Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These have almond butter, almond extract and chopped almonds. And no processed sugar! Vegetarian, too.
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter (creamy or crunchy style)
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, oil and almond extract until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, along with chopped almonds, and stir until just combined. Let sit for five minutes.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls, flatten with palm of your hand to about 1/3 of an inch and place onto ungreased cookie sheet. (use parchment paper if desired).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.
No one would know these cookies were vegan if you didn't tell them. I rolled the balls into sliced almonds before flattening and baking them. They are a little "crumbly," but it's manageable; the chewy texture and almond flavor are VERY nice, BIG hit. Thanks, I will DEF be making them again!
Delish! These are really fast cookies to make and oh so good! Lots of almond flavor. I also pressed an almond in the middle for looks.
We enjoyed these cookies. Plenty of Almond flavor, but not over-sweet. I substituted gluten-free all-purpose flour for the pastry flour, and it came out great. I plan on making these for Easter, topped with icing and a Jordan Almond. Thanks for the great vegan recipe!