Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
most people don't like tripe, but please try this one as it is very different. You can also do cubed beef with this sauce instead of tripe.
- 4 lbs tripe, cubed
- 2 pigs ears, salted (each quartered)
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 1 lb onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 lb spanish sausage, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb blood sausage, chopped (black pudding)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 lb chickpeas (soaked overnight)
- salt and pepper
- Place everything in a casserole, add water (about 1 and half litres) and cook for 3 hours on a low heat.
- if you can find pigs trotters it is better than ears.