1/3 Photos of Trio of T's Salad (Tuna, Tomato and Tarragon)
This is a Yummy salad! Such fantastic flavors in one place! Super easy, low in fat, and eye appeal galore! I have read that by soaking the red onion in water for 20 minutes will tame it a bit, but I've never felt the need for it. Feel free to use your favorite salad spices, such as, McCormick's Salad Supreme, it's great, but not everyone would care for it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise (can use fat-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, in water
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin (about a cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, packed, coarsely chopped
- 8 cups torn lettuce or 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 lb fresh tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1Place onion in a small bowl and cover with cold water (optional).
- 2Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Drain.
- 3Whisk mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 4Add tuna, celery, tarragon and the drained onion; stir to combine.
- 5Serve on a bed of lettuce (or mixed greens) with tomato and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trio of T's Salad (Tuna, Tomato and Tarragon)
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.2
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 598.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon leaves