Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Yummy salad! Such fantastic flavors in one place! Super easy, low in fat, and eye appeal galore! I have read that by soaking the red onion in water for 20 minutes will tame it a bit, but I've never felt the need for it. Feel free to use your favorite salad spices, such as, McCormick's Salad Supreme, it's great, but not everyone would care for it.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise (can use fat-free)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, in water
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin (about a cup)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, packed, coarsely chopped
- 8 cups torn lettuce or 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 lb fresh tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Place onion in a small bowl and cover with cold water (optional).
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add tuna, celery, tarragon and the drained onion; stir to combine.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce (or mixed greens) with tomato and lemon wedges.
Lovely salad - I had to make a couple of adjustments - no tarragon but I used tarragon vinegar to dress the salad and cut the mayo back to 1 tsp. on the tuna. I sptinkled the salad with roasted garlic & peppers as a final condiment. Thanks Fluffster for a lovely lunch I hope you do not mind the changes I made - You have to use what's on hand sometimes