1/4 Photos of Trio of Spanish Nibbles: Olives, Almonds & Chickpeas
I saw this on a holiday episode of 30-Minute Meals with Rachael Ray, and it looked like the most absolutely easiest and elegant nibbles to set out for your holiday guests. Will definitely not ruin their appetites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups mixed good-quality olives
- 3 -4 slices orange peel
- 3 -4 slices lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (1/3 palm full)
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups marcona almonds or 2 cups toasted peeled whole almonds
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Make a double layer pouch of foil for the olives. Add citrus peel, red pepper flakes and fennel seeds to olives, then top with olive oil. Seal the pouch and shake it to distribute the spices and oil. Place in hot oven at any temperature or on outdoor grill to heat them through.
- 2Place the almonds in a small decorative serving dish.
- 3Place chick peas in a medium skillet over medium heat and cook 15 minutes until crisp and dry. In the last 5 minutes, season the chick peas with paprika, salt, and pepper. (If you season them up too soon, the paprika will blacken and become bitter.).
- 4Place the chick peas in a small serving bowl.
- 5Place the olives on a platter and cut the pouch open to expose them. Place the small serving dishes for nuts and chick peas on the platter alongside olives. Place a ramekin or other small cup out to collect olive pits.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trio of Spanish Nibbles: Olives, Almonds & Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.3
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 934.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: