Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Taken from Bon Appetite Magazine
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled,cut into 3/4 inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 2 lbs yams, peeled,cut into 3/4 inch pieces (about 4 cups, red-skinned sweet potatoes)
- 2 lbs tan-skinned sweet potatoes, peeled,cut into 3/4 inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup fat drippings, from turkey or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh mixed herbs (such as thyme, marjoram and sage)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- Position racks in bottom third and top third of oven and preheat to 400°F.
- Brush each of 2 heavy large rimmed baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil in very large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Divide potato mixture between prepared baking sheets.
- Roast potatoes 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reverse position of sheets and continue to roast until potatoes are golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes longer.
- Transfer potatoes to bowl and serve.