Recipe by Trinkets
This is what you need if you have a garden full of vegetables to use up, can't decide what to cook, or if you need to feed a cold! Really this is a dish where anything goes, add chicken, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil; OR use vegetable broth for a vegetarian meal and serve over brown rice with a drizzle of olive oil with a big corn bread on the side.
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 -2 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, quartered and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sofrito sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and sort lentils and place in a large pot with the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, stir and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Add all other ingredients, stirring occasionally for 2 hours.
- If you need to add more liquid use water.
- Taste and season as needed with salt, pepper, and Tabasco.