Recipe by Trinkets
This is an adaptation of 2-3 different granola recipes given to me by friends. It's my favorite combination. This recipe is very easy to throw together. It's the sugars, seasonings, oil, oats, and then 3 Cups of any combination of your favorite nuts or granola ingredients. Bake and Voila! Homemade granola for much less than the fanciest brands at the grocery store.
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (Real)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1⁄4 cup dried fig, minced
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, unsweetened, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Either line a baking sheet with parchment or spray a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Spread the granola evenly onto the baking sheet and firmly pat it down so it's even.
- Bake for 15 minutes then rotate the pan and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for an hour then break it up and store in an air-tight container.