Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe in Suger Reef Caribbean Cookbook. Proper canning methods are essential.
- 1 papaya, Peeled, Seeded and roughly Chopped
- 10 scotch bonnet peppers, Seeded (Habanero)
- 2 onions, Quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 rind lime
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- Puree the papaya, Peppters, onions. garlic, lime rind, and lime juice in a food processor or blender.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan nad stir in the vinegar, salt, and mustard.
- Simmer the mixture over low heat for (20) minutes, stirring ossasionally.
- Bottle the sauce in hot sterilizied jars.
Awesome recipe, used mango instead of papaya. has a really strange effect, cool then hot, when kept in the fridge. simply fabulous.