2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 55 mins
A regular bread, not the sweet, cakelike type. Adapted from Breads of the World. Prep time includes rising time. Canned pumpkin is not recommended for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine yeast, water and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in salt and molasses.
- 3Stir in pumpkin and cloves.
- 4Slowly add flour, cup by cup, until the dough becomes stiff enough to knead.
- 5Place on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 6Place in a large greased bowl.
- 7Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- 8Punch down and knead again for a few minutes.
- 9Divide dough in two, and place each piece in a greased 8"x4" loaf pan.
- 10Cover and let rise about 45 minutes more.
- 11Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 12Bake until crust is golden and loaves sound hollow when tapped, 35-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trinidad Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (800 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1006.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2343.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 213.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 28.2 g