1/1 Photo of Trinidad Pepperpot Beef
3 hrs 55 mins
3 hrs 40 mins
A touch of the islands! Mixed peppercorns are a mixture of black, white, green, and pink peppercorns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless beef roast, such as brisket,trimmed
- 2 -3 quarts beef stock
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 -4 fresh red chilies, cored,seeded,and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup vinegar, plus extra if necessary
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mixed peppercorn, coarsely crushed,plus extra if necessary
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1Put the beef into a large pan, add enough stock to cover, and bring to a boil, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface.
- 2Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat feels just tender when pierced with a skewer.
- 3Add the onions, chilies, and half of the parsley, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mixed peppecorns, cinnamon, thyme, allspice, and salt to taste.
- 4Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until the beef is very tender.
- 5Transfer the beef to a carving board, cover, and keep warm.
- 6Skim any fat from the cooking liquid, and boil for about 10-20 minutes or until reduced to 1 1/4 cups.
- 7Season, adding more vinegar and crushed peppercorns if needed.
- 8Slice the beef thickly, discarding any fat.
- 9Pour the sauce over the beef and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trinidad Pepperpot Beef
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 1334.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 37.4 g