More heat than you can stand? Cut the recipe in half. ;-) Can be refrigerated for up too one year or can per processing instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 habaneros or 7 scotch bonnet peppers
- 15 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 15 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 2/3 cup cilantro leaf, minced
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1In a small saucepan of boiling water, blanch the chiles for 1 minute. Drain and let cool. Discard the stems.
- 2In a blender or food processor, pulse the chiles with the garlic, scallions, carrot and water until finely chopped. Add the vinegar, mustard, cilantro, thyme and lime juice and pulse just until combined. Season with salt. Transfer the sauce to jars and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trinidad Pepper Sauce Hot! Hot! Hot!
Serving Size: 1 (1241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2882.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 12.8 g