Recipe by gailanng
More heat than you can stand? Cut the recipe in half. ;-) Can be refrigerated for up too one year or can per processing instructions.
- 7 habaneros or 7 scotch bonnet peppers
- 15 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 15 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 2⁄3 cup cilantro leaf, minced
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, blanch the chiles for 1 minute. Drain and let cool. Discard the stems.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the chiles with the garlic, scallions, carrot and water until finely chopped. Add the vinegar, mustard, cilantro, thyme and lime juice and pulse just until combined. Season with salt. Transfer the sauce to jars and refrigerate.